Cebu Club Reviews – Club Juliana
Name : Club Juliana, Mango Square Cebu.
Club Juliana Location
Mango Square, Close to City Grill and 3 mins walk from the naughty bars, Next to Beat and Autoshop – so you could check them both out first and move onto Club Juliana later.
Club Juliana Brief Overview
This club/disco has so many mixed reviews – for sure, hands down, there is no doubt that this is THE Mango Disco/Club – nothing else really gets close, you can have many great times in there and it stays open ridiculously late (or early depending on how you look at it – about 7.30am!), but has picked up some controversy as, after the naughty bars kick out around 3 – 3.30 am, it rapidly fills up with Cebu’s bargirls, either looking to unwind & relax, or out on “fishing” mission.
Club Juliana Layout
4/5 This is a fairly big place – with decent sized bar area, central seating area to have food and drinks with friends and LOADS of places to dance. As you come in the bar will be on your right and if you keep walking you will encounter the CR, washroom, toilet or dunny. On your right, just as you enter is a seating and small dance area on a raised stage. On the left hand side is more seating and another popular dance area under the main, big screen (projector) playing video. Go to the main bar area and turn your back to it. You will now be looking across the seated floor area to the main dance area, usually packed, right at the back of the club. You would not call the general layout and décor “high class” or “snazzy” but it’s no dump either.
Club Juliana Price
Cheap enough, sometime there is any “entry” fee or around 100 Peso, but that includes a free drink at the bar – so not so bad really. On less busy days, or if you enter earlier – there is often no “entry” fee, Once your in, get your FREE drink using the voucher (if you paid to get in). After your done with your freebie, a red horse 500ml is around 40 Peso I think, maybe 50. There is also a limited but tasty food menu, also non-expensive.
Club Juliana Management
I don’t really know a whole lot about the management of Juliana – I think I remember hearing it was a joint Filipino-Korean partnership, I believe there are some comments of relevance at the bottom of this article – but of course you need of take all of those, together with the rest of this website, with a “pinch of salt”. Be careful on the Door, twice now, the girl taking the entrance money on the door “accidentally” forgot to give me my change / gave me the wrong change. Check your change carefully. Bouncers and security seem nice enough, no scams going on that I am aware of (unlike the very dodgey Pump – which I advise avoiding like the plague (which you might actually get if you hang around there long enough).
Club Juliana Music & Sounds
Juliana has a quality sound system and for sure they are not scared to use it. Music is played very loud, causing everything to shake – great if the girl next to you enjoys an ample allocation of “fresh milks”. The actual music played is not really my preferred choice, but I’m sure the youth appreciate it – lots and lots of Bad MF tunes – sometimes gets a bit annoying at massive volume levels.
Club Juliana Customers
This is an interesting one, and probably why Juliana has become a little controversial in the comments/discussion and often gets a hard time. Mango square definitely at the lower end of things – if you want to go a little up-market, cross the road and visit the new Mango Square – bars like Y.OU. Early in the evening Juliana starts off gently enough, and around 11pm it starts to get going. Expect a few foreigners, not many – it’s mostly Filipinos on a budget, attracted by the low/no entry fee, cheap drinks/food and of course a banging club with atmosphere to match! Filipinas with better salaries would be more likely to choose a more “up-market” spot to pass away the evening – indeed Juliana has such a reputation now, that some girls would now actually avoid Club Juliana and would not want to be seen there – that’s just the way it is. So when things start to warm up around 11pm, you’ll see 95% Filipinos having a good time, but also some foreigner and Korean contingent. Around 3 – 3.30am, there is an explosion / influx of girls as the bars shut and the bargirls come flooding out and head up to Club Juliana – either to unwind or do a bit of “fishing” and try to catch a Korean. At this point, with the exception of the infamous “pump”, there is probably the highest concentration and number of bar girls, anywhere in Cebu. They might be out the bar, but many still act like they’re in it – so things can get a little wild around this time. Good time to hang around the bar and meet the girls as they come in, zero in your sites and fire with a gentle “helloo missss” in the direction of a specimen you like the look of, offer a drink and or some food and you are on your way. Alternatively, you can head towards the dance floor. The contingency seems to have shifted the general nature of the club – with some VERY raucous dancing and rude games (encouraged by the DJ) – the most recent game, which seemed to be welcomed enthusiastically by the “girls”, is the “sex noise competition”. In this competition, girls take turns to sit on a chair and display to the entire Club Juliana crowd, the sounds and movements (usually including some self-gratification technique) of preference, used during their private love making sessions – often really getting into the spirit of the game and evening and shouting stuff such as “arghh arghh, come on f**k me DJ” etc – not really a suitable or favourite game for good catholic girls, which leaves little doubt about the participants. Winner gets 500 peso or so.
Watch out for
- Naughty freelancers and “out of hours” bargirls girls disguised as “simple girls” doin a “bit a fishin” – all good, but just be aware what you are probably dealing with – don’t kid yourself. If you are looking for real, a girl is more likely to be genuinely if you go to her and she is a little shy at first, rather than her coming to you. Of course, it’s the no.1 spot (horrible Pump excepted) to meet naughty girls after around 3.30am.
- Boys that may be disguised as girls
- Drinking too much “devil juice” – it flows freely here and is pretty cheap
- Coming out after a “bit of a stretch” and the sun is so high, you get burnt on our way to the taxi
- Getting so drunk you cant remember what you did and waking up at the bar as the girl you met earlier (and already forgot), texts your phone to ask where you are. When you meet up again, you don’t recognise her or remember, but doesn’t seem to make any difference as she laughs about your antics earlier..
- Getting so drunk that you wake up at 9.30 am, sleeping on the floor of your office, whilst your best and hardest working Filipino employees arrive early as usual and wonder why you have gone “Filipino style”
- Going back to sleep again, after point no.6
- Waking up after point no.7 and realising that the new pretty girl, asleep in the chair at your desk, does not actually work for you at all – trying to figure out more than this causes your head to hurt and your nose to bleed
- Trying to pretend that the girl from point no.8 actually does work for you whilst you make a crisis checklist to be completed before you have to leave to fly back to the UK in a couple hours – of course all this is made far easier and less worry-some by the fact that the hang over was still around 6 hours or so away and you are still fuelled and running just fine on devil water, now running in your veins
Club Juliana Stories :
Club Juliana is good for..
- Eating, Drinking & Dancing
- Hanging out with friends and/or meeting new peeps
- Hanging around on your own – it’s safe, besides you may not be on your own for long
- Meeting fast girls
- Meeting naughty girls
- Meeting simple girls that are drinking TOO MUCH
- Listening to bad MF music
- Getting ripped off by the dodgey girl at the door
- Getting caught on your own, looking sheepish, by your non-amused GF
- Keeping the night going when every where else has shut up shop
- Helping you along the road towards permanent kidney/brain damage
Club Juliana is not so good for..
- Quite meditation & self reflection
- Meeting your next gf or sister’s of the cloth
- Cutting down on drink and smoking
- Alternative Rock and other nice music
- Encouraging moderation
Summary : For good or bad, Club Juliana is not to be dismissed and is certainly a major part of Cebu’s nightlife. Just look at the amount of comments below – plenty of people with something to say about club Juliana, it’s certainly built itself quite a unique reputation already! Just remember we all only live once and NONE of use is getting any younger, so just enjoy yourself whilst you can and don’t take anything too seriously, obviously with the exception of my warnings regarding the devil’s own water!
Last Night at Juliana Night Club Bar…
Photo by Rey
the bar dancers showdown…
Photo by Rey
A night in Club Juliana Cebu Bars
Posted on: May 23, 2008 by Rey
Last week Friday night at Mango Square, I was so drunk and go sleep with my shoes on. You want to know the whole story behind Juliana Night Club Bar Friday Party?
It all started when my friend invited me to Mango Square and meet new girls in town. We decided to drink loads first at East West, after 1 set of 500ml Redhorse for only 180 php. I was slightly half drunk but still can do a little walk to Juliana Night Club Bar. It was about 1 or 2 o’clock in the morning where people are still alive, dancing, chatting, making fun of people, getting rude. We decided to stay and chill in the bar while drinking, stalking girls. At 3am they have this Ms. Juliana Babe competition only held every Saturday. My eyes were wide open to see those beautiful young girls dancing, I was about to say OMGFG! I was so drunk I couldn’t get a fix photo shoot of those girls BUT I have something for you to see.
1 Review for this Page
Nice place I would recommend. If you are cheap and do not buy drinks for girl or girls. Then of course you will not have a good time. But if you buy a girl a drink about every 30 - 45 minutes. They will be nice to you. I mean what are you there for if not to buy drinks and have a good time. When I order drink for me I order drink for them.I would recommend this to my freinds.